The DevOps Specialist course develops skills in DevOps practices, processes, metrics and models. The final course module consists of a series of lab exercises that require participants to apply their knowledge of the preceding courses in order to fulfill project requirements and solve real world problems. Completion of these courses as part of a virtual or on-site workshop results in each participant receiving an official Digital Certificate of Completion, as well as a Digital Training Badge from Acclaim/Credly.
To achieve the DevOps Specialist Certification, Exam DO90.01 must be completed with a passing grade. A Certified DevOps Specialist understands the requirements to successfully apply DevOps in support of achieving project objectives and realizing strategic business goals. A Certified DevOps Specialist is proficient in the monitoring and measuring of DevOps initiatives to ensure that entire project lifecycles are carried out as planned, in addition to a solid understanding of DevOps process stages, techniques and models. Those who achieve this certification receive an official Digital Certificate of Excellence, as well as a Digital Certification Badge from Acclaim/Credly, with an account that supports the online verification of certification status.
Module 1: Fundamental DevOps
This course provides a comprehensive overview of DevOps practices, models and techniques, along with coverage of DevOps benefits, challenges and business and technology drivers. Also explained is how DevOps compares to traditional solution development and release approaches and how the application of DevOps can be monitored and measured for concrete business value.
Primary topics covered are:
– Business Drivers of DevOps
– IT Roles in DevOps Projects
– Goals and Benefits of DevOps Adoption
– Interoperability and Transparent Collaboration
– Rapid Delivery, Responsive Scalability and Increased Reliability
– Impacts and Challenges of DevOps Adoption
– Automation, Measurement and Unified Metrics
– DevOps Platform and Toolchain
– The 19 Common DevOps Tools, Repositories and Systems
– DevOps Lifecycle and Stages
– Delivery Pipeline, Feedback Loop and Dark Launching
– Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD)
– Automated Builds and Automated Testing
– Continuous Deployment and Automated Release Management
– Dependency Management, Infrastructure Resource Staging and Compliance Verification
– Introduction to IaC, PaC and CaC
Module 2: DevOps in practice
This course delves into the application of DevOps practices and models by exploring how the DevOps lifecycle and its associated stages can be carried out and further identifying related challenges and considerations. In-depth coverage is provided for the application of Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD) approaches, along with an exploration of creating deployment pipelines and managing data flow, solution versions and tracking solution dependencies.
Primary topics covered are:
– Understanding Codified Definitions
– Infrastructure-as-Code (IaC) and Configuration Modules
– Continuous Testing and Collaborative Version Control
– Immutable Infrastructure and Self-Documented Resources
– Configuration-as-Code (CaC) and Continuous Software Releases
– Traceable Configuration Changes and Configuration Status Awareness
– Programmatic Versioning and Automated Configuration Testing
– Policy-as-Code (PaC) and Policy Systems
– Automated Policy Application and Enforcement Testing
– The 17 Common DevOps Metrics
– Continuous Monitoring
– The 8 Common DevOps Monitors
– Measuring DevOps, Mapping Metrics to Monitors
– Mapping Metrics and Monitors to Pipeline Stages
– DevOps with Microservices and Containers
– DevOps with Cloud Computing and Pay-Per-Use Monitoring
– CI, CD, Continuous Deployment with Microservices and Cloud Computing
– IaC, CaC, PaC with Microservices and Cloud Computing
Module 3: DevOps Lab
This course module presents participants with a series of exercises and problems that are designed to test their ability to apply their knowledge of topics covered in previous courses. Completing this lab will help highlight areas that require further attention and will further prove hands-on proficiency in DevOps models, practices and strategies, as they are applied and combined to solve real-world problems.
For instructor-led delivery of this lab course, the Certified Trainer works closely with participants to ensure that all exercises are carried out completely and accurately. Attendees can voluntarily have exercises reviewed and graded as part of the class completion.
More about Arcitura Certifications here
For more details, contact us